Updated on June 1, 2018
What to Consider in Setting Up Your Wedding Marquee
Choosing to hire a marquee or tent service for your wedding provides you with limitless decorative opportunities. Wedding marquees are popular because you can fully customize the decoration according to your desired wedding theme. A marquee hire Sydney company can also assist you in setting the tent up in order to begin decoration. But before you sign the contract for your marquee hire, there are a few important considerations you have to note.
Check out below to find out what these are:
1. Determine the type of area wherein you plan on erecting the marquee. Does it have a concrete surface? Will you be putting up the tent on grass or dirt? Once you have determined the surface type, it will also impact the type of setup for the pole and the amount of support it needs. A reliable and experienced marquee hire in Sydney will be able to make the proper adjustments to ensure stability of the overall structure.
2. How much space do you have available? This information will determine the size of tent to put up and how much people you can invite to your wedding guest list. You have to keep in mind that you will need extra space for supporting cables and other structural support for the marquee. Hence, measure the space to get an exact idea of the space dimensions.
3. Get a fair estimate of your wedding guests. Aside from arranging the tables in the tent, you have to keep in mind that there should be enough room for foot traffic. Your guests should have enough space inside the tent to walk in and out from one table to another. Depending on the available space, you can adjust the number of guests to invite.
4. Activities during the wedding function. Aside from the number of guests, you have to take into account the activities you intend to enjoy during the wedding. Will your guests be dancing? Are there any other fun games and activities? These activities require adequate space to move around. Therefore, you have to know beforehand what type of activities you intend to do in order to find the right size of wedding marquee.
5. Consider the type of decorative pieces you intend to use for your wedding marquee. Will you be adding in large decorative pieces? If yes, then you have to consider that in the final arrangement inside your wedding tent. You have to measure everything to leave enough room for the tables and for the guests to walk around in.
6. Find a reputable wedding marquee hire. This is a must if you want to have peace of mind knowing that your marquee setup is sturdy and well maintained. Invest time in researching the best marquee hire companies within your area.
In Sydney, you can find lots of companies that specialize in setting up marquees. Absolute Party Hire is a trusted marquee hire Sydney company that caters to weddings and other special functions.